Registration and insurance tickets


Expired tag

If the registration has not been expired longer than one year, and proof of current registration is provided on or before the court date listed on the ticket, the charge will be dismissed and fees waived.

If the registration is not renewed by the court date listed on the ticket, or if the registration has been expired longer than one year, a fine and court costs will be imposed (refer to fine schedule), or you can appear in court on your court date to speak to the Prosecutor regarding amendment or diversion options.  



If you were cited for no proof of insurance and you can provide valid insurance on the vehicle you were driving at the time of the stop, and you did not receive the violation as the result of an accident, the charge will be dismissed and fees will be waived. Proof of valid insurance must be provided to the Court Clerk within ten days of receiving your ticket for dismissal. Insurance will be verified.

 If your insurance has lapsed, expired, or was cancelled, you must appear in court on the date and time listed on your ticket.    

You may provide proof of registration or insurance by faxing or emailing it to the Court.  It is your responsibility to verify it was received.

Fax: 913-583-3123  / Email:

Show All Answers

1. Can I just pay my ticket?
2. Do I have to pay court costs if I do not attend court?
3. Can I amend my speeding ticket?
4. Registration and insurance tickets
5. Can I get my court date continued?
6. Can I get a Public Defender?
7. Why did I get my ticket from a Johnson County Deputy?
8. What time is court?
9. What if I disagree with my citation?
10. Filing an Entry of Appearance
11. Can I pay my ticket online?
12. My license is suspended. How do I take care of it?
13. Where do I find my ticket number?